Here are a couple things you can do to stop it. If you don't feel comfortable performing any of the steps below, bring you machine by or call us and we can take care of you! A $25 service charge will apply.
1. Do not click yes, be very cautions when clicking the X to close out the window.
2. Control/Do updates manually. Go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Windows Updates
3. Use a tool like GWXControlPanel from Ultimate Outsider to disable Windows 10 update.
Download here: http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/GWX_control_panel.exe
Be aware this tool interacts with the operating system at a low level and is provided "As Is", use at your own risk!
4. If the update has already begun, don't try to stop it! This could potentially cause more issues than it solves! We can roll back to your previous operating system once Windows 10 is done.
To Roll Back:
You can roll back to Windows 7 or 8.1 if you don't like Windows 10. You will need to complete the Windows 10 setup before roll-back will be available. Be aware that while there have been very few issues reported with this procedure, things can potentially go wrong. Once started, do not attempt to stop this procedure!
To do this:
1. Click Start (windows icon, lower left corner)
2. Choose Settings
3. Choose "Update & Security"
4. Click "Recovery" on the left side
5. Click "Get Started" under "Go back to XXXXXX" option in the middle.
6. Answer questions appropriately.
7. Wait. This can take anywhere from 20 minutes to multiple hours. You will see a desktop once complete.
If any issues persist after the roll back, give us a call ASAP. The longer an issue lasts, the harder it can be to clean up!
Of course, if you do want to stay on Windows 10, we have found it to be a very good experience. Give us a call Josh Bartlett at Spring Hill Electronics 913-686-2602 if youneed any help getting started or if you just need some clarification of anything.